Thursday, May 6, 2010

Summer is my favorite time of year!

Presley in one of her headbands!

Well, tomorrow will be exactly 2 weeks since my first treatment. Feels so good to be further away from that day. I'm actually feeling so much better than I was last week. The fatigue is still pretty bad but at least I'm not having to take my anti-nausea medicine as much. But the bad thing now is my hair is starting to fall out. I've been staying at my mom's for the last few days just to hang out with my sisters and the last 2 nights my hair has been progressively getting thinner. It's mostly just annoying to see your hair falling out all over the place. Every time I looked down I would see my hair on my clothes or on a pillow or on my daughter!! So I got up this morning and decided to just go get another haircut. I'm not quite ready to shave it yet so I just cut it really short. It feels so much better already because I'm not seeing my hairs everywhere and I don't have to keep it back in a ponytail at all times, which was making my head really sore. I haven't told Gary yet so he's just going to have to see it when he gets home!I know everyone said it would be the hardest part and it's true. Watching my hair fall out before my eyes is like a bad nightmare. I really can't imagine it all going. I'm very thankful for all the blessings, like the fact that I'm in stage one, so I'm trying to focus on that. But it's definitely a challenge not to get upset and feel emotional about it. I'm really dreading my next treatment. I just know that it's going to probably be worse than the first and I'm just so enjoying feeling better!
I went on a walk today, it was so beautiful and sunny out. I just really want to enjoy this summer because I truly HATE winter! I just know it's going to be here before I know it, so I want to make sure I get every bit of sunshine I can. Our community has a pool so I can't wait for that thing to open up! The doctors said I need to be careful being out in the sun with all the medication I'm on but still...I'm going anyway! We went to the Gold Cup last weekend and I was outside for most the day and it didn't seem to bother me. It was so much fun. We watched the races of course but it was great to be sitting outside, drinking a little and enjoying the day. We went with one of Gary's friends so it was fun hanging out with them and of course, Gary drank a little too much! But it was still a great day. What it is it with men and the fact that they have no limits?? My husband is the worse! It's so funny because you always know when he's had a little too much to drink because he gets a mean case of the hiccups.
Miss Presley is getting so active!! Still not laughing but she's making a ton of noise and cooing a lot. I've been making her a bunch of headbands and bows for her hair. I'm actually starting an Etsy shop and I'm going to make things to sell on there. Etsy is like a Ebay for homemade things. So you take pictures of whatever you make and try and sell them. So far I've mostly done headbands, bows and hair clips but who knows..I might try clothes at some point. When I was in high school I used to sew so I'm thinking of buying a machine and picking it back up. If my shop actually does something and I actually sell some things I am going to donate a portion of whatever I make to Lymphoma Research or just Cancer Research in general. So I am excited about that!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sienna-

    I love reading your posts, it's great to stay updated on how you are doing so I can keep you and your awesome family in prayer! Just wanted to say that you are incredibly inspiring and let you know you have people in your life who care and are praying for you. Stay encouraged, you're doing great!!

    Also wanted to say that you have a beautiful daughter and I'm excited about the possibility that you will start selling your headband creations. I'll be one of your first clients, they're too cool!

    Andi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess with your hair falling out, you can relate to how a guy feels that is going bald. Except yours will grow back! At least now you can say that you can relate to any guy complaining about losing his hair though. Just trying to look on the bright side of your experience and all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha Justin!! You know I have thought about that quite a few times and I never realized before how hard that my be for a guy. So I guess I should be happy that mine is growing back! I can always count on you to give me a positive spin on things! :)You know what else is weird?? It started falling out in the same way a dudes would! I guess those baby hairs in the front always go first...crazy!! lol

    Andi, Thank you for the compliments and encouragement! It really helps! I'm still working on getting my Etsy shop going so I will put it in my blog when I finally do. :) Take Care!

    ReplyDelete