Monday, May 17, 2010

This is Who I am Right Now















This is who I am right now
No need to try and hide it

This is all I can do for now
So I'm trying to stand up and fight it

Of all the nightmares and all the cures
Not one of them ended in these few words

But I know now that I'm here for a reason
And like everything else
Life has it's own time and season

So I love the ones
Who bare this burden the same
And anyone else who's ever known this kind of pain

Like treading in waters so very deep
Trying to find the lost part of me

I find deeper meanings of myself
In broken places I've never felt

In the end it's all about your heart
Not what you say or do that sets you apart

So I give of myself what I really mean
Hoping I can ease the pain for someone
Who's done the same for me

7 comments:

  1. Sienna,
    It seems real now. Like you said in your post below, Chemo is on your side and you are thankful for it even though it is taking such a toll on your body. I'm thankful for Chemo and I'm thankful for you. I see a strengthe in you that will never forget. You are a fighter and I love you sis. You are still beautiful, inside and out and I mean that with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, how could I forget?? That poem rocked my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing poem sienna. It is beautiful and so are you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful poem. I can imagine you singing it. You are so beautiful Sienna! We love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sienna what an amazing poem. You are such a strong beautiful lady ! I love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing! I have been trying to a find a poem i wrote during my recovery so I can post it on my wall for you. Being true to who you are and what you are experiencing is real strength. I will share with you what my radiation therapist told me..."when you get through this, you are going to grow and blossum just like a butterfly"
    love
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete