Friday, May 21, 2010

Just Another Day



Presley. Beautiful and perfect.
The picture of what life is all about
No one makes me smile like her
In her eyes, there is a God, no doubt

Murphy. Strong and daring.
The picture of what laughter really ought to be
You changed my life when you came along
There will never be another, like you and me.

Cancer. Keen and relentless.
The picture of fear, loss and things unknown.
Though my body is a slave to you these days
I will always be Queen, you will never take over this thrown.

Faith. Survival and happiness.
The picture of what gets me through
Always here to guide me in the dark.
Father, I only possess this strength, given through you.

God. Sovereign and forgiving.
The picture of strength and might
Never gives up on me or forsakes me
Only through this trial, have I found my new life.

Presley is now sleeping soundly in her crib. I guess I haven't mentioned yet that she has been so fussy all week because I think she might be getting her first tooth. My mom said my older sister got her first one at 3 months but we'll see. All signs lead to that; she's got a little white dot on her bottom gum, she's fussy and keeps wanting to chew on her hands. It actually made me a little sad because it means she is growing up too fast. I am just enjoying every stage of her life so much that when one passes I kind of miss it. She giggles now but not a full laugh, she's about to roll over, a tooth...Gosh! She is going to be 4 months here soon too. We went on a walk tonight with her and she was so quiet the whole time. She just sat in her stroller, chewed on her blanket and looked around. It's also so sweet to see how Gary is so much more interested in her now that she's actually responding and doing things. She smiles if you just look at her and he loves it! He feeds her a bottle almost every night when he gets home and holds her until she falls asleep. It's so precious and makes me a happy momma to watch it!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post from a beautifully strong person. Thankyou for sharing.
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sienna,
    Amazing poem. I have read it half a dozen times and every time, I smile.

    ReplyDelete