Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Presley my Grace

Today wasn't anything special...I felt okay and life went on. So I just got the desire to write another little poem for my daughter who is keeping me going right now. My love for her overflows with every additional day. She is the most precious gift from God in the midst of a storm. Thank your Lord for her. I am humbled by you and your amazing timing.



I'm quiet as I listen to you breath
And believe that somehow, this isn't a part of me

This waking up every morning to this handful of pills
Always smiling because I have you to keep me still so real

When you're about to laugh my heart turns so very warm
I dreamt of every possibility for you, even before you were born

I love that you were given out of unfortunate circumstances
Lets me believe you'll be just like me, always willing to take her chances

Though so many things in this world will try to get you down
You'll be the one to stand up and fight the few and final round

God must have something extra special for you

To place you in the midst of such a riddle
And It's such a heavy burden for someone oh so little

But I believe God only gives theses burdens to so very few
And I'm glad he gave them to me and you.

4 comments:

  1. Sienna... Your blog is truly heartfelt, moving and beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly an inspiration. I think it's so wonderful that you're sharing with family and friends your journey through this blog. I love that. So many will be blessed, including myself. And I believe that's all part of God's plan :)
    You're probably wondering who I am?? I'm Johnny's cousin Kimmy. Much love to you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so brave and strong! We are all praying for you. Chloe wants to come for a visit! Please know we are here if you need anything!
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in Awe and inspired by your strength and your grace. I will be in prayer I'm sure along with so many others. Where two or more are gathered in his name, he is there in the midst.

    ReplyDelete