Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pres and I are both getting stuck with needles this week :(



Poor baby Presley had her shots today!! Our appointment was at 8 and since my hubby and I only have the one car, instead of dragging Presley out super early to take him to work, I decided we would walk. We live in a little community and the center where her Pediatrician is like 5 minutes away. So we had a nice little walk but it was a little chilly this morning. This was my first time going to this office, it was pretty nice but I didn't like how the nurses think they can just go and pick up your baby and pass her around the office like a little rag doll!! It actually worked to my advantage because she was screaming at the time I was trying to fill out paper work. So one of the nurses just came out from behind her desk and unbuckled her and brought her back to show her friends. Not that I'm judging and I know they all mean well but it's just not something I would do. Either way, it was a really nice office and I think we'll stay there. I really can't believe how many shots they have to get at once. 4 of them! It's all for her own good but geez! I hated it! The nurse told me to hold her arms down while she gave her the shots but I made sure to stand behind her so she didn't see my face when the lady was sticking her. I was afraid she would remember me letting someone do that to her and then hold a grudge against me for the rest of her life! ha ha I know that's stupid but just didn't want to take the chance. She screamed her head off at first but once I picked her up and held her for a minute she settled down. I did have to give her some baby Tylenol when we got home cause she was pretty fussy after. It so horrible to see her cry.
Tomorrow...Bone Marrow Biopsy. Not looking forward to it. They said it's painful but not that bad. I just have a hard time believing that. They stick a needle inside your bone and suck out a little of whats in there. I'm just trying to figure out how they break through the bone? Actually, I don't really want to know because then I will be much more afraid. My husbands friend who is a Nurse Practitioner said that I shouldn't be afraid because childbirth is much worse but I was more afraid of the epidural when I had my girl than the actual labor pains! I was induced and I think I went a little over 3 hours with contractions so that might not be saying a lot but we'll see. I'll let you know. What I am forgetting to say is that we got some great news at the doc yesterday!! They are categorizing me as stage 1 for now, so I have a really good chance of being cured!!! The PET scan didn't show that it had spread to any other part of my body and as long as everything comes back okay from the biopsy tomorrow they will keep me there. Now I just need to prepare for the Chemotherapy. The kind I am getting is called CHOP. I will go in once every three weeks...which doesn't seem too bad. I will get anywhere from 4 to 6 treatments and maybe some radiation around the area. Doc said they can control my nausea pretty well but I will feel some fatigue that will worsen with every treatment. My hair will be falling out too. :( Oh well...I am going to donate it! I have had super long hair since I was a kid so it's going to be tough being bald but when you have cancer none of those things seem to matter anymore. I just want to get better and get on with my life!!
I'm really excited because my 2 sisters are coming into town this weekend!! We're going to try and have a girls night out maybe Saturday. We always have so much fun together. We laugh about everything! I think the last time we were all together was my wedding in May 2008...way too long!!! This is a pic of a few years back when we went to a Giants game in San Francisco. Alexis is holding her daughter Kayley on the right, Cezanne is in the middle and I'm on the left.

1 comment:

  1. I like the bit about hiding from Presley when they were sticking her full of needles. While I don't remember anything from before 3 or so, who knows what latent issues I have with my parents lurking in my subconscious due to the same procedure when I was a baby? Guys get circumcised too - think about the issues THAT might cause!

    The bone marrow biopsy would freak me out too! However, you just emailed me so you obviously survived.

    ReplyDelete