Monday, April 26, 2010

Chemo-Day 4


Me and all my sisters together again last Sunday!! First time in 5 Years!!

It's been almost 10 days since I last posted anything. I went back and read my last blog before starting this one and to be honest..I'm not as uppity as I was then. To be honest I feel like CRAP! I had my port put in on Thursday and my first round of chemo on Friday. The infusions nurse I had on Friday was really sweet. She was an older gal who talked a lot but it was kind of comforting because when you're getting pumped full of toxins it's nice not to be focusing only on that. She was going over all the drugs with me before she pushed them but it was really hard to hear or understand what was going on. All I kept thinking was "there's no going back now." Not that I thought that anything would come up or change so I wouldn't have to have Chemotherapy but it pretty much seemed unreal the entire time. So I finished up that day and ate saltines and drank ginger ale. When I was done I thinking maybe chemo wouldn't be that bad. They shot me full of steroids before they started the actual treatment but as soon as they wore off I started to feel it. The biggest thing is that I don't feel like eating or drinking anything and was very fatigued. Fatigued to the point where lifting my 11 pound baby was too heavy. I came home that night and pretty much just slept and tried to drink as much fluid as possible. Saturday morning I had to head back to that same office, same room, same chair, to get a shot. This shot was to help boost my white blood cells to help avoid getting any infections. They said from day 7-14 I will be hugely susceptible to getting infections. So no cutting cuticles, pedicures, manicures, eating food that has been sitting out and a million other things. So that shot will help with all that. The shot burned pretty good but once it was over it felt better. All in all this first treatment has seemed pretty brutal but I'm praying the next will be better.
On a happier note, Presley has slept 9 hours straight for the last 2 nights!! Gary has been taking night duties so thats been a huge help! He does it a little different than I do. Usually when she wakes up crying and its been about 5 or 6 hours I will feed her because I figure she's hungry. What Gary does is just pops a paci in her mouth and she falls back asleep. It works like a charm so I guess I should have been taking advice from him! She is getting so big. I'm so happy getting to watch her grown and become a little human being. She is on the brink of laughing. She let out a little chuckle yesterday but not enough to call it her first laugh. I can't wait for that so I am working with her!
My sister Alexis flew in from CA last weekend so she has been helping a ton! She brought her 11 month old son Jake and it has been so cute watching he and Presley around each other. Last Sunday my Dad had a family get together at his house and we took a ton of pictures! It was so much fun and for just a little bit I forgot I had cancer and was just enjoying the sunshine and time with my family!!

Little Jake and Miss Presley....BEST COUSINS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment