Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ponytail Saturday



Today was a pretty awesome day. I had the bulk of my hair all cut off! I'm donating it to Locks of Love of course but I never thought it would be as easy as it was. My sister, Cezanne came down from New York for the weekend to hang out. So we got up, fed the baby, had our coffee and headed out. First thing, take some mommy daughter pictures with Presley before the big cut. So Presley and I took our pictures, I picked out the ones I liked and while we were waiting for the prints, went to chop off all my hair. I guess I thought it would be a pretty traumatic experience but it wasn't. God has given me such a strength that even the things that I used to think would bother me don't. Don't get me wrong, I had my moment and I cried because me cutting my hair makes this all real but in the end, I don't care anymore that I have cancer. I will get through this and it will only benefit me and make me stronger. I don't care that I had to cut 18 inches of hair off my head today, it's only hair and even when I'm bald I will know that it will eventually grow back. My new philosophy in life is 'Don't sweat the small stuff' and hair is the small stuff! I'm just thanking God that I'm in stage one and have an awesome chance of surviving all this. I just want to include a little story about my husband and he LOVED my long hair. He used to always joke that if I ever cut it he would divorce me! Ever since I've known him I've always had long hair. So of course, I kind of worried about coming home and him seeing me with short hair for the first time. When he saw me all he could say was how much he loved it! He said it was a cute cut and a nice change. I really appreciated that because I know he didn't truly mean it...he liked my long hair. So a few hours go by and I'm picking up around the living room and he says "Baby, I really like your hair..just as much I did before." I know he was just trying to comfort me and he was just saying it so I didn't feel so bad. Him saying that just meant so much to me, even if it was a lie. I am so thankful for my struggle.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh. Now I understand the reason for the haircut. It really does look good though. And you know me - if I don't like something, I'll say it is "interesting."

    ReplyDelete