Saturday, June 5, 2010

Perfect


It's almost 3 am and I'm awake. I woke up a little hungry so I made some food and now I'm really not going to be able to fall back asleep! I'm just sitting here looking how precious my daughter is. She truly is my whole world. I know she's nice and comfy in her crib but I just want to pick her up and hold her close. No matter what is wrong in my life or in the world she can always make me feel better. She is just so innocent and pure. She always smiles at me when I look at her, she always holds on to me when I hold her...she loves me, even though she doesn't know it yet. I can feel it every time I look at her. Being a mother is the most precious gift God can give anyone. We get to carry and create this perfect little thing in our bellies for 9 months, we get to wonder and dream about what or who they will be, we get to feel them kicking around and moving in there....we get to know them, even when they are in the womb. Then, when they finally come out, it's a joy you can never describe. I forever have a picture in my head of her when she first came out, lying on my belly and looking up at me. She wasn't even crying. She was just looking at me as if she knew who I was. I knew who she was. She was exactly how I had pictured her in my dreams. This beautiful dark haired angel. She has allowed me to feel more in these last 4 months than I have in my entire lifetime. Though I have a huge struggle right now, it doesn't even matter because I have her. I thank God for her every second. She is the perfect dream...

4 comments:

  1. You pretty much summed up motherhood here. Perfect words Sienna!
    (I can't sleep either!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! Being a mother is the best! I am so glad you have Presley!! Thanks again for sharing. I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this post. Presley is perfect! I'm so happy you have her. :)

    ReplyDelete